We work to strengthen governments' ability to provide HIV services within the context of primary health care. We also help our Ministry of Health partners to integrate HIV and TB services so patients get all the care they need. → Read More
We currently have seven different projects addressing challenges such as Health Systems Strengthening, Malaria, Tuberculosis, ARV treatment strategies, immunizations and vac... Read More
People with existing tuberculosis infections are particularly vulnerable to acquiring HIV, and HIV-positive patients are similarly vulnerable to becoming infected with tuber... Read More
Through collaborative partnerships in Sudan, our HIV/AIDS project has improved the health system by working from the national policy level down to the community level. Read More
- 63% - percentage of health facilities that offer PMTCT services
- 20,045 women tested for HIV
- 167,710: number of HIV-positive Mozambicans on ART
Background: Few Options for Pregnant Women Côte d'Ivoire, a West African country of about 19 million people, has seen its share of turmoil in the last 20 years. Once referred to as the "Paris of West... Read More
- Paper: Namibian prisoners describe barriers to HIV antiretroviral therapy adherence
- Paper: Linkage to HIV Care and Antiretroviral Therapy by HIV Testing Service Type in Central Mozambique: A Retrospective Cohort Study.
- Paper: Patient Volume, Human Resource Levels, and Attrition From HIV Treatment Programs in Central Mozambique
- Paper: Are Routine Tuberculosis Programme Data Suitable to Report on Antiretroviral Therapy Use of HIV Infected Tuberculosis Patients?
- Paper: Change in sexual activity 12 months after ART initiation among HIV-positive Mozambicans.
Related Blog Posts
This week, The Lancet published a letter co-authored by HAI's Amy Hagopian that makes th... Read
This week, Against the Grain, a KPFA (Pacifica)radio program, featured an interview with HAI's Exe... Read
Welcome back to our fifth and final day of HAI’s series commemorating World AIDS Day 2013! So far... Read
As you probably know, we here at HAI support programs in three countries: Timor -Leste, Cote d’Ivo... Read
World AIDS Day Series Day 3 – PMTCT in Côte d'Ivoire and Mozambique: Some Reflections Ahoua Ko... Read